The first thing I look for when I sign into WordPress is the notification button. While it may seem vain, I love the idea that someone enjoys what I write or even better identifies with me and leaves a comment. My dream is to be a published author so I can get out of my cube and instead spend my days pining away at a computer. I have so many ideas for that first book and have started it many times, but so far they have been failed attempts. I struggle translating the stories I tell myself in the car or lying in bed to something I’m happy with on paper. I hope it happens one day, but until then, I will continue to get practice through my blog – playing with various styles of dialogue, descriptions and the flow of a story.
On Friday, I signed into WordPress to see what was going on in the blog world. Much to my delight, there was an orange comment box. I clicked on the comment to read it and much to my surprise, I was nominated for a Liebster Award (thanks again, mannalexandra, for the nomination). I am incredibly flattered to be bestowed such an honor! This award comes with some homework, such as telling more about me, answering questions and paying it forward.
Okay, here goes!
As a nominee, I have to do the following:
- Post eleven facts about myself
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for me and create eleven questions for the bloggers I nominate
- Choose some people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in my post
- Go to their page and tell them
- Remember, no tag backs
11 Facts You Never Knew About Me (Or Cared to Know!)
- During the week, I eat lunch at the same time every day – 11:45. If a meeting interferes with my lunch time, I get cranky.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday. I always decorate the week of my birthday which typically falls a week before Thanksgiving. I don’t have the self-control to wait any longer.
- I named my car. Her name is Tiffany, and she totally owns it.
- There was a two year period in my mid-twenties when I watch The Notebook every Sunday without fail. I realize it was pathetic but who can blame me? Ryan Gosling is such a dream boat.
- I hate doing laundry more than any other chore. It makes me sad just thinking about it.
- I dislike confrontation. It makes me uncomfortable and I usually end up crying, which makes the other person uncomfortable. It’s a real lose, lose.
- If I had to eat one thing the rest of my life, it would be soup. Don’t ask me to choose a flavor – any kind will do.
- I’m a big talker but am not great with the follow-through. It’s one of my greatest faults.
- My party trick is walking on my hands. Although, it’s one I can’t do if I’ve been drinking so I guess you could say it’s a sober party trick, one fit for a baby shower or an intervention.
- I have OCD when it comes to unplugging a curling iron or straightener. I can’t leave the house without triple checking and then checking again. I never want to be a cause of a fire. Arson is not in my future.
- I love Taylor Swift. I regularly send lyrics to her songs to my friends when they are having relationship issues. There is always one that sums it up perfectly. We’re all going to be in trouble when she falls in love for good. Who is going to sing what we’re all thinking?
11 Questions Mannalexandra Asked Me to Answer
What is a sound you love?
Be prepared to moan…it’s the sound of the garage door. It means Tom is home, and seconds later my best friend is going to walk through the door. It makes me smile every time.
Has any book or movie made an impact on you?
There have been a lot of scary movies that resulted in me tip-toeing around the house. The most recent was the first Paranormal. It took me weeks to get over that movie.
What is your earliest memory?
I have no idea but I can tell you one of my favorite childhood memories. It’s spending time at my mom’s dance studio. I loved being there at night watching the older girls twirl to the sounds of old classical records.
Where’s your “thinking” place?
The car is where I get the most thinking done. There’s something calming about the whir of the engine.
Do you believe in an afterlife?
Yes, I do. I’m not taking any chances. If there is an afterlife, I want in – badly. Plus, I imagine it being the best extension of real life. Everything that brings me a smile on earth will bring an even bigger smile in the afterlife. Who wouldn’t want to believe in that?
How would you like to be remembered?
Happy and kind…if even one person remembers me as a happy, kind person, I did something right.
If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I would be an independently wealthy author.
What’s your least favorite word?
Moist – no explanation needed
What does this nomination mean to you?
It means a lot. It’s not only flattering but gives me the motivation to keep pursuing my dream.
What do you like to do for fun?
This may sound cliché, but it’s hanging out with friends and family. Those are the times I am the happiest.
What’s your favorite quote?
“Life’s a ditch. Dig it.” –Phil Dunphy, one of the best characters on tv said it.
I have nominated the following bloggers.
Questions for the suckers I nominated:
1. If you could have any super power what would it be?
2. What is the last dream you remember?
3. What was the best thing that happened today?
4. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
5. How would you describe yourself in five words?
6. What inspires you?
7. If were acceptable to do cartwheels to express excitement, how often would you do them?
8. If you had to listen to one song the rest of your life and only that song, what would it be?
9. If you had to choose between being a kitten or a puppy, which one would you rather be?
10. Would you slide down a rainbow if given the opportunity?
11. How much do you love sweatpants?